Boston Online Film Critics Association Releases 2012 Awards
I don’t share the same enthusiasm as my colleagues for Kathryn Bigelow’s “Zero Dark Thirty,” in the categories of Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress, and Best Editing. However I definitely agree with choices for Best Actor (Daniel Day Lewis, “Lincoln”), Best Supporting Actor (Tommy Lee Jones, “Lincoln”), and Best Cinematography (Roger Deakins, “Skyfall”).
My personal favorite ensemble cast was the members of Ben Affleck’s “Argo,” and my favorite films that made our group’s 10 Best Films of the Year are starred below. More may be added to my list as I catch up on some of the films below. Since I work full-time on top of my writing, it can be harder to see everything as quickly as my colleagues.
ZERO DARK THIRTY
BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD
OSLO, AUGUST 31ST
- Book Review: ‘Shh! It’s a Secret’ by Daniel M. Kimmel
- Awards Season Movies: Mini Reviews Part 2
- Reviews: ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ & ‘Promised Land’
- Bond Is at His Most Beautiful in ‘Skyfall’
- Review: ‘Men in Black III’
- The Boston Online Film Critics Association Announces Its Formation
- ‘Captain America’ Satisfies Your Summer Superhero Craving