‘Taken 2′ Still Stimulating Despite Absurdity
No matter how stressful driving lessons with your parents might have been, they can’t even compare to the ones Kim Mills (Maggie Grace) must endure in “Taken 2.” If you saw “Taken,” then you already know how anal retentive and protective her ex-spy father Bryan (Liam Neeson) is. Heck, after she was kidnapped by Albanian sex traffickers in that film, he pieced together clues to swiftly rescue her, leaving an enormous pile of dead bodies in his wake. That being the case, he’s definitely not the kind of overbearing guy you’d want giving you automotive instruction.
Why are driving lessons even a topic of conversation with an action flick like “Taken 2?” Well, because unfortunately, Kim’s inability to pass a driver’s test is actually a relevant plot point. With angry Albanians in hot pursuit and her father shooting at them, Kim must overcome her vehicular struggles by speeding through narrow streets, dodging baddies at every turn. Pretty ridiculous right? Sadly it gets worse.
- Soderbergh’s ‘Side Effects’ is Stylish Yet Predictable
- No More Dread After ‘Dredd 3D’
- Nothing Interesting or Terrifying About ‘Red Lights’
- ‘The Watch’ Won’t Please Fans of Any Genre
- Nolan’s ‘Dark Knight Rises’ is Fantastic Series Bookend
- Q&A: Author Dana Fredsti Talks ‘Plague Town,’ ‘Army of Darkness’ and ‘Walking Dead’
- Q&A: Elizabeth Banks Talks ‘Man on a Ledge,’ Working in Comedy, and Woody Allen
- Collet-Serra Mixes Other Thrillers Together in “Unknown”
- “Faster” Does Not Feign Originality
- “Clash of the Titans” in 3-D Will Give You a Headache